City of Orillia General Enquiries
50 Andrew Street South
Suite 300, Orillia
Ontario L3V 7T5

Phone: 705-325-1311
Fax: 705-325-5178

Map to this Location
Email Contact
View City of Orillia Website

Submitting a Complaint to the City:

The City of Orillia is committed to ensuring a consistent and transparent process to respond to complaints received from members of the public regarding City programs, facilities, services, staff and operational procedures.

What is a Complaint?

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction about the action or lack of action taken, operations, facilities or the service provided by the City of Orillia or by a person or body acting on behalf of the City of Orillia.

A complaint is distinct from:

Submitting a Complaint

In order to submit a formal complaint to the City, you will be asked to provide the following information:

  • Details of what happened.
  • Where did this happen?
  • When?
  • Who was involved?
  • What was said or done?
  • What kind of resolution is being sought?
  • Your name and contact details.  Anonymous complaints are difficult, if not impossible, to assess or investigate. Complaints that are received without a name or contact information will be dealt with at the discretion of the department head.

All complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner according to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.  Information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Act.

If after your complaint has been addressed by an employee and you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may request that the employee escalate the complaint or you may contact Lori Bolton, Director of Human Resources at 705-329-7230 or lbolton@orillia.ca

The City has established an internal procedure to ensure that all complaints are investigated using a consistent and uniform process. All complaints are treated confidentially to protect your privacy. However, you should be aware that in investigating a complaint, the circumstances may indirectly identify you.


Submit a Complaint

Please select the appropriate area. You will be asked to fill out the corresponding form and your complaint will be directed by email to the appropriate staff.

Building Complaint - Use this form for:

  • Abandoned Building
  • Building Permit Issue
  • Fence Issue
  • Property Line Concern
  • Sign Issue
  • Water Drainage/Flooding from Neighbour
  • "Other" Building related complaints
Clean & Clear - Use this form for: 
  • Excess debris in yard
  • Grass/weeds in over 8 inches in height
  • Storage of unlicensed or inoperative motor vehicles
Fire Hazard or Fire Complaint - Use this form for any situation that could cause a fire or danger in case of fire.

Landlord/Tenant Complaint (Property Standards) - Use this form if you are a Landlord or Tenant to report on:

  • Cleanliness Issues
  • Electrical Problem
  • Inside Repair/Maintenance
  • Leaks
  • Mould
  • Plumbing Problem
  • "Other" Landlord/Tenant building related complaints

Road Complaint - Use this form for:

  • Culverts
  • Ditches
  • Drainage/flooding
  • Snow removal/plowing
  • Streetlights
  • Sweeping sand after winter
  • Trees on roadway
  • "Other" road related complaints

Water/Sewer Complaint - Use this form for:

  • Broken water line or watermain
  • Low pressure
  • Repair needed to asphalt or boulevard from breaks
  • Sewer backing up
  • Taste of water
  • "Other" water/sewer related complaints

OTHER - General Complaints (that do not fit in to above categories)

We attempt to make our website documents Accessible however, some of these documents may not completely meet the AODA Accessibility requirements. If you require assistance or communication support, please contact 705-325-1311 or e-mail us.